Do you wish you had more control with food?
Do you eat when not hungry or do you avoid eating when you are, cannot get food off your mind and plan your day around it? This painful cycle can be broken. Emotional eating is one way to cope with the many stressful situations in life. You can learn how to calm anxiety, move through depression and create new habits. New coping skills can be learned at any age and you can enjoy life. Even if you have struggled with food issues or eating disorders for many years, recovery is possible.
What is emotional eating?
- Eating/not eating when you feel bad
- Eating/not eating is your go to coping skill
- Eating when you’re not hungry or fasting when you are and you don’t know why or how to stop
- Eating until stuffed most of the time
- Eating very fast and unable to slow down
- Can’t get your mind off of food
- Constantly grazing
- Avoid eating when you’re hungry
How do I know if it’s really a problem?
Eating problems are known by many different names; binge eating, emotional eating, compulsive eating, food addiction, overeating, careful eating, even the label, healthy eater, often means something other than well rounded nutrition. Any of these labels can signal a problem with food. What this really means is that your relationship with food is problematic and “helps” you cope with the pain in life.
Stop the food fight & live in harmony!
Call today for a free telephone consultation